Friday, October 31, 2008

Twilight Madness

Oh, did I mention I'm kind of a fan of Twilight? Okay, who isn't anymore? Anyway, I'm excited for the movie, although I have to say I don't really know if I want them to make more than one. Here's the thing, if they make a second then they have to make the third 'cause the second is kinda depressing, not in a bad way it's just that they wouldn't be able to stop there. And if that continues then they will have to make all the rest of them, and I just don't think it's possible for them to make the last book, and make it good. Plus, you know the whole a-movie-is-never-as-good-as-the-book thing, well it's true. There is a certain mood and feeling I have with reading the Twilight books, and I just know that the movies can never recreate it the same as the author can. So, basically I don't want the movies to ruin my mood ;) Now, I know that Stephenie Meyers worked very closely with the director of the movie, which will make it ten times better, but still....not the same. Anyway, I'm still excited for the movie, just to see how it turns out. Who wants to come see it with me?

~Crystal

2 comments:

Sunshine Smith said...

I have to disagree. Although the movies are very, very... very seldom (if ever) true to the details of the book I love to see how they interpret it into a movie (especially if the author is involved). Sometimes it turns out HORRIBLY (Ella Enchanted) but other times, it turns out really well, as far as a movie can be to a book (Harry Potter...).

It doesn't ruin the book for me at all. I can still read the book and keep it true to what I "see". For example, I like Robert Pattison as Edward but when I read the book, I still see the Edward I created to begin with. I know this doesn't happen for everyone. Some people are influenced by what they see. I think the movies would be amazing, even the last one. I think the technology is just about there for Reneseme. (Haven't you seen the commercials where the baby is trading stocks). hahaha.

Andrea said...

I want to see it with you....but I can't, dang military lifestyle! I'm making Bremen go with me, he's actually looking forward to it though! I agree, I'm a little nervous for the movie, but we really like Lords of Dogtown (which Catherine Hardwicke also directed) and she has a really cool style. I know they redid and added some scenes that were in the book, I think because of all the hype. Can't wait!!
I LOVE your new blog...very unique, and Bremen will be happy to hear about the link to the video, (not that he doesn't already have a quick way of viewing it) miss u guys!