Monday, May 25, 2009

As you wish....

Get ready for a long post -

Last Friday Ben and I decided that we were tired of just sitting in the house every evening, and to start off the holiday weekend right we were going to do something fun, a date night if you will. We decided to go to "As You Wish" it's a fun pottery painting place where you pick what you want to paint (plate, jewlry box, mug, princess statues, etc...) and you put on an undercoating with whatever design you like then they glaze it and fire it for you. It's awesome, made me feel like I was in early morning art class again from back in the elementary school days ;)

Anyway, Ben had been there before on a date several years ago and made a mug that he uses to drink from for every meal. While we were there I decided that I wanted a mug too (not the same 'cause I want it to make tea and hot cocoa in, so a little smaller than his). Anyway....while we were there learning about the process we found out that the mug that Ben has loved for so many years had a poisonous paint on it that was extremely high in lead content!!! So, sad to say his beloved mug has been trying to poison him all these years. So, it came time that Ben had to make a new mug. Here it is:




For my mug I wanted to do a Jackson Pollock tribute, so I thought of one of my favorite paintings of his and duplicated it in my own way. Here is his painting, it's called "Lavender Mist":



And here is my mug:





Of course it's not really the same, but I wanted to get the key concept in there. Oohhh, I just love my mug!!! I finished mine relatively quickly, and Ben said he still had a ways to go, so I decided to do another small item. It's a ring holder, 'cause I always take off my wedding ring when I wash my hands, so I thought this would be perfect!



This bottom part is all spedeckled with a crazy fun coat called "patriot". That made Ben like it :)




Okay.....and here's for all of you who have been asking for those belly pictures....
I know I don't look super happy in them, but that's 'cause whenever we take pictures of me I always look like I have a chubby face, or just look different from real life...yuck...I hate 'em. So, Ben tried his best, but yeah....
Here's what we got:





That's it for now. I'll update after I get to Utah! Yeah for Utah, I've been missing it a lot lately. Well, mostly just my family and friends...okay and the mountains too. Sorry but Arizona's just too flat for me. ;)

~Crystal

2 comments:

Molly said...

You are so cute Pregnant! I love the pictures! And I love that place as you wish! I havent been in absolutely forever! I probably should see if Im eating off stuff with lead in it. no good!

Andrea said...

Love the pottery! And you look great! I know, pregnancy is tough on the self-esteem...I hate pictures of myself right now, but you really do look cute with your prego belly ;)