Sunday, December 13, 2009

Really Easy Recipes #1 - Easiest Taco Soup

I don't like to cook. I just don't. But I LOVE FOOD...see my dilemma.
Funny enough I love baking, but I don't like cooking. SO, in order for us to eat I use really (and I mean REALLY) easy recipes...and my husband cooks 1/2 the time too. I thought I'd share them with you 'cause it seems that when I'm with my girlfriends we're always talking about them, but we never write them down, so this way you can just refer to this blog and have an easy recipe on hand. Oh, and did I mention delicious? Yes, no worries there. They are delicious!

Here is one of my very favorite easy recipes and probably the easiest one I have:

Taco Soup

1 Can Corn
1 Can Diced Tomatoes
2 Cans Chili Beans
1/2 A packet of Taco Seasoning
Chili Powder
Garlic Salt

Dump in canned ingredients, stir in taco seasoning, and add chili powder and garlic salt to taste. Bring to a boil and you're done!


 I was going to put a really nice picture of the soup in my bowl topped with cheese and sour cream, but I forgot 'cause I was too hungry and I ate it...oops ;)

Optional toppings:
Chips
Cheese
Sour Cream
Avacado

You can add whatever you want, get creative!

I like to use Bush's Chili Beans in mild sauce, you can use any chili beans, but I like these best. And I'm not a fan of chili in a can (with the meat), IDK, something about canned meat doesn't seem right to me, but it's up to you. You can use it with the meat, or brown some meat and add it yourself. And I realized that it's super low in calories (depending on how much of the toppings you use). But it's so delicious! Try it and let me know how it goes :D

1 comment:

Marie said...

That looks so good! I totally want to try it now!