Friday, January 8, 2010

My Big Brother Robert

Since we were in Utah for Christmas, and having fun with family, and showing off the new baby...you know how things get when you're on vacation. The blogging world just seems to go on hold. Especially since it seems that we are all family oriented people. For which I'm super grateful for. I love reading others blogs about their family events, or what their kids are up to, or what they made for their kids, etc.

So, while doing fun family stuff in Utah over Christmas, I didn't get a chance to write a birthday note to my brother. And his birthday was just before Christmas on the 23rd. So, to catch up...here goes!


This is my brother Robert. Robert has done everything! He used to do modeling (as if you can't tell), and has been a flight attendant for about 10 years now, so he has truly traveled the world! Brazil, Japan, New York (like a mill-ee-on times) he even lived there. Gosh I don't even know where all he's been. But I sure ended up with some great souvenirs! ;)

My brother is the kind of guy that doesn't even know how special he is. He is sincerely kind, loving, thoughtful, and giving. And he's a true defender of what is right as well.
One memory I have of him is when I was 17 and I broke my back and compressed three vertebrae. I had to wear this really long turtle shell back brace that covered from just below my neck down to my hips, like a huge girdle. Well, after a little while I didn't want to wear it anymore, of course what 17 year old girl wants to work and live in that thing (especially while being a waitress). My Mom kept telling me that I was going to have serious lasting damages, and that I better wear my brace, but no dice, I just didn't want to. I know, I was dumb, what can I say? Robert found out and came to talk to me about it. He asked me to 'please wear it', that is was 'important'. And because I always looked up to him, I listened. And no, I'm not paralyzed, my back (although now perfect) is much better than it would've been. Thank you Rob!

Another time he really helped me in my life, and probably one of the most important, was at the end of senior year of high school. I had slacked off that year, and as graduation drew near I didn't know if I would graduate. I had all these extra 'packets' to do, and assignments to catch up on. I really felt like giving up because it really became SO stressful. I remember very clearly how he really wanted me to graduate with my class, and it became a motivation for me. There was one especially stressful time during all that when I had about 3 places to be at once, tons of homework to do with nearing deadlines, and he was going to give me a ride somewhere. Everything had just become too much that day and he took me aside and gave me a big hug and told me things would work out. This is an excerpt from an online journal I was keeping back then. "I knew that he really wanted me to graduate with my class, and I had just needed someone to give me that hug that he did, and it really meant so much."
Robert you're awesome! I'm proud to have you as my brother. Happy Birthday!!!


Love,

~Crystal

No comments: