Friday, January 15, 2010

Unexpected Christmas Gift

While we were in Utah with my parents for Christmas I recieved the most awesome unexpected gift! FABRIC!!!
My Mom and I had been walking through WalMart, and I stopped to look at fabic, 'cause their WalMarts have way more and for way better prices than in AZ. But I didn't want to get any right then.
When we got back to the house my Mom pulled out a huge tub of old fabric and scraps that she'd been keeping. Actually almost all of it we bought because though my teen and even pre-teen years I was planning on making stuff with it, but never ended up doing it. So, she told me that I would most likely use it now so I should take what I wanted!!! Yipee!
Look at all this goodness! :D





How cute it this?! They are cut-out fleece teddy bears!
You just sew the two pieces together and stuff it, like a pillow. Fun!


And Check out all the patterns she gave me too. Some of them I used when I was younger.


Check out these two on the right. My Mom got these for my siblings back in like the late 70's or 80's.



I love look'n back at these oldy styles.


And here's my favorite, the one in the middle, so cute! I can't wait to make this for Rowan when she gets a little bigger. But of course I'll put my own little fashion twist on it ;)

Oh and that cute sun and moon denim that was underneath all the
rest of the fabric...yeah I've got great plans for that! Can't wait to show you!

2 comments:

Wendi and Matt said...

wow i am jealous!!!

Joe said...

It's amazing how some things from the past become life's little treasures. I have 4 daughters and have kept all of their "projects" and treasures as they grew into their teens and outgrew their tween years. Now they are in their late twenties and appreciate when I release some treasures from the past. It reconnects them to simpler times.