Wednesday, February 3, 2010

A baby's infectious laughter!

I have to say, there is nothing that will brighten my day; make me smile in a split second; and make me laugh so hard with sheer joy, like a baby's laugh will.



Yesterday night we were having dinner at our friend's house, and they have a huge husky dog named Rocky. He's a super sweetie pie. Anyway, after we finished eating we were all sitting at the table chatting and Bethany was holding Rowan. All the sudden Rowan lets out this big giggle! We all turn and stare at her, wondering what provoked this reaction. Turns out it was Rocky, their big dog! He was the first dog she'd ever seen. And he wasn't even really doing anything really special, just following Bob around and wagging his tail. As you can see she just kept going and going, as Rocky proceeded to bark, wag his tail, and lick a plate (remember, we were done eating). I thought when he was growling she'd get upset, but she just kept on laughing! So precious! She has never, ever laughed like that before. So funny!

Of course now that we know she can laugh like that, Ben and I are always trying to make her laugh, but I guess we're just not as funny as we thought ;)
It's amazing how my life has changed since I've had her. I love her so much! She is my life; her and my Ben.

You know what's funny? Now that I can see her and hold her, I feel like I've always had her. Like she's always been with me, even though I couldn't see her and I wasn't taking care of her, it's like she's been in the family the whole time. I like that feeling. :)
And I love my baby girl.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is adorable! Thank you for sharing- it made my day! =)

Jennifer Juniper said...

Ha! There is nothing like a laughing baby to brighten your day!

Morgan said...

Isn't that the truth! Such a sweet story.

Marie said...

That's so cute!! :) I think you need to get a dog, Crystal! :)

Sherri said...

I wanted to leave you a comment on your crafty blog! Poohie! I don't know why that google thingie comment drop box won't work for me!!! Anyway LOVE the "new" purse! And SO glad the menu planning post made you into Super Wifie. ;-) giggles.
Thanks for dropping by.

Andrea said...

So so so sweet!! I love her laugh & can't wait to hear it in person. Van started giggling while I was playing that video...I'm so glad they're gonna grow up seeing eachother more ;) Oh, and that feeling, of your baby being in the family all along, happens every time (that's why I keep wanting more babies)!