Thursday, June 17, 2010

I Love Rainy Days



Yay! I'm so excited about my new blog layout!
I had been thinking for a while now that I needed a new layout, but it takes so much time to put one together...figure out all the little details (font colors, sidebar text, etc)...and make a new header in photoshop. Anyway, they have a new "design" feature on blogger where you can take designs they've already created and use them as they are, or alter them. I grabbed this "rainy day" looking one, and was planning on changing a few things, but then I just loved it the way it was. So, I all I did was make a new header in photoshop. Which I might change later, who knows. But I'm pretty pleased with it.

I just love looking at it because of that rainy day background. I have such fond memories of rainy days, and it makes me feel good to see an overcast sky anywhere.
I remember so many times as a kid my friends and I would take three blankets and lay one on the grass, one over the top of us, and one was in the middle to keep us warm. And we'd eat crazy snacks like craisins and vanilla wafers, and just let the rain fall on top of our blanket huddle while we chatted in the pretense of solitude, while actually being in the openess (new word I just made) of my large front lawn, in front of the whole neighborhood. They probably thought we were crazy, looking out their kitchen windows at us sitting on the grass getting wet, but as kids you just don't care what people think.

There was another rainy day activity that happened several times. When there was a lightning storm Andrea and I would sit at the bay window, in her room at her house, with the lights off and watch for lightning. One time lightning struck fairly close and all the sudden a mechanical toy monkey she had in her room went off clapping its cymbals or something. It really freaked us out! I think we screamed or something 'cause her Mom came in. We figured that since the monkey had been sitting on a cable there must've been an electrical surge that set it off. But I guess we'll never really know for sure. Don't you think it's more likely that monkey came to life just at that moment? ;)

I love living in Arizona, but the sad thing is that there just aren't that many rainy days. It's okay though, 'cause when it rains, it pours! And that's the best. But I could really see myself buying a nice little house in Forks and moving the fam there, if you know what I mean. Hahaha.

Here's wishing you a rainy day, from sunny Arizona. Well, maybe not if you're in Utah or Colorado. I've heard they've had their fair share.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm famous! I'm in you blog :)
Love the new layout.

Anonymous said...

I love rainy days with you Angel. Remember that first rainstorm after we were married? Remember stomping and jumping in the puddles? That was one of the key moments when I knew I had married the right girl; when I told you I wanted to go run in the rain and jump in the puddles and you wanted to just as bad! I love you Crystal.