Monday, September 17, 2012

~Music that speaks to my soul~

You know those few songs that, at the right time of life they really speak to your soul and leave you moved? Then listening to it over and over and over again, it's like drinking angelic water when you didn't even know you were thirsty for it?
Sometimes I know exactly why it speaks to me, like EFY songs I love really speak to my soul on a very gospel-spiritual level. And some I have no idea why I love them so, so much, but I do and I can't get enough.

Here's a song I found through Spotify and I AM IN LOVE WITH IT!
I can't get enough. I kinda wish I could have somewhere to perform it because there is such a connection made to a song when you perform it in front of people. A mix of the adrenaline and the feelings of the music, and sharing them with an audience....ahhhh. It's so great, but nerve-wracking too....but great  :)




"Once Upon Another Time"
Once upon another time
Somebody's hands who felt like mine
Turned the key and took a drive
Was free
Highway curve, the sun sank low
Buckley on the radio
Cigarette was burning slow
So breathe

Just yellow lines and tire marks
And sun-kissed skin and handle bars
And where I stood was where I was to be

No enemies to call my own
No porch light on to pull me home
And where I was is beautiful
Because I was free

Once upon another time
Before I knew which life was mine
Before I left the child behind me
I saw myself in summer nights
And stars lit up like candle light
I make my wish but mostly I believed...

In yellow lines and tire marks
Sun-kissed skin and handle bars
And where I stood was where I was to be

Once upon another time
Decided nothing good in dying
So I would just keep on driving
Because I was free


I italicized the parts that really spoke to me, although I really could have italicized the WHOLE SONG since it's like she wrote the whole song about me. Thank you Sara :)

~Crystal


No comments: