Monday, March 11, 2013

Who is praying for you?


Who is praying for you?

When I've been in difficult situations in my life I have felt the prayers and good thoughts of people I know who are hoping the best for me, who are praying for me, who want me to get through my hard times.

I was thinking of someone close to me yesterday, and I wondered if that person had any idea how many people are praying for them; how many people want this person to succeed in their life and challenges.

As a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (LDS/Mormon) we have a wonderful built in community.
Those that are called as leadership in our church are constantly praying for those that they watch over in their calling's responsibility. Everyone in a ward is prayed for by a Bishop, and his counselors. If you're a woman you're especially prayed for by the Relief Society President and her counselors. Men have their Quorum's leadership. Those that are teens are prayed for by their leadership (Young Women/Young Men Presidents and counselors). And the little ones are prayed for by the Primary Presidency. And they all might pray for all the others, or the whole ward too! And each ward is in it's own Stake, so then the Stake leadership is also praying for each Ward as well.

Then there's also the temple. Temple goers have the opportunity to place names of people in need of extra blessings/comfort/spiritual help on a Temple Prayer Roll. Then that name might be prayed for by dozens to hundreds of people.

If you are a child, you're parents will pray for you. I know that my parents are constantly praying for their children, just as I am for mine. As well as their grand-children, and of course extended family. I like to include all of my in-laws, and my close, and extended family in mine. And though it sounds kinda silly, I actually do pray for everyone in the world sometimes. We are all brothers and sisters. We all branch from the same tree, and I do sincerely wish that all our lives are blessed and happy and selfless.

I know that the First Presidency and those serving with them pray for everyone in the whole church as well.

Friends pray for friends. On Facebook I see people that are praying for many strangers they don't even know. 

Do not our thoughts have power? Don't our prayers have increased power? I know they do. I have experienced it for myself. The forces for good want us to succeed! One of my favorite parts of the Book of Mormon is after Christ is resurrected and He comes to the Americas, and when seeing how much the people don't want him to go He is filled with compassion, and He stops and prays for them. I love that so much!

And those that don't have a church community, or family, or friends, you may not know who is praying for you, or wishing you the best. Could be a co-worker, could be a friend of a friend. Sometimes I see people in the store and think that they look like they could use some happiness and I wish them goodness, I pray for them. 
No matter how alone you feel, know that there is someone somewhere that is sending you love and praying for you. :)

Sending love, hugs, best wishes, and prayers,
~Crystal

No comments: