Thursday, April 23, 2009

Baby Girl!




I must admit that I've been a bad blogger lately. All blog-stalking, no actual blogging. So, here I go to catch up...!
A few weeks ago Ben and I went to get the first ultrasound. During the fist part of the pregnancy Ben and I both believed that it was going to be a girl, but for the last while we had tons of people telling us that they thought it was a boy. I wasn't sure at first about having a boy first, but I knew it was, of course, a possibility so I tried to image what it would be like, and even though I was having dreams about a girl I still kept thinking that it would end up being a boy. So, when we got the the ultrasound clinic place they showed us the baby and kept taking all these measurements of the head, heart, kidneys, etc. Finally the technician told us that she was going to show us if it was a boy or a girl. She said that she already knew what it was, but wanted to get a good shot so that she could show us. At that point I thought to myself, "K, I've been preparing myself for the fact that it might be a boy, but what if it's a girl?" So, then I put the thought in my head that it might be a girl too, and I knew that I would be just fine with that. Just then the tech showed us that indeed it was a GIRL! We were thrilled!
Another thing she showed us was the baby in the 3D imaging. I thought it was kinda weird 'cause just minutes before she showed us I had told her that I thought the 3D imaging was freaky looking, and that I didn't want to get it (not knowing that they did that there). Then she just switched it over on the machine without saying anything, and there was baby in 3D, looking like she was made of clay or something ;) But it was kinda fun. I'm kinda glad she didn't ask me.

My birthday had only been a couple weeks before that, and I told Ben that I would like a sewing machine as my present, but only if it was a girl 'cause girl clothes are fun to make, and boy clothes...well they're pretty boring, sorry. At least to design and make, they're boring for me. So, a sewing machine it is, yeah! :)


Here are some of the pics they took of cute little baby girl.


With her hand up by her face like that it kinda looks like she's trying to see through a frosted window or something.


You're pretty much looking at her bum here. Her legs are bent up on either side of the screen. This is just when she told us that it was a girl, and then typed it on the screen. :)


A cute little foot and leg.


We're so excited! And to answer your question now, no I will not be revealing any name ideas online, sorry but that's just dangerous stuff. But don't worry Andrea, now that we know it's a girl we won't be able to steal Bane from you ;)

~Crystal

2 comments:

Arizona Girl said...

The 3D ultrasounds are cool. I'm glad we did it. The doctor said it was a girl and the 3D said it was a boy. Its good to get that second opinion and to feel secure with the outcome. Congrats again.

Molly said...

Congrats! How fun! I hope you little lady has red hair! (wink!)
Our little guy has red hair now and little red eyebrows and I LOVE it! (no chances with both grandmas red heads) thats so fun you are having a girl! I want a girl too but I friggin hate being pregnant so maybe not til...the millenium. maybe. ha ha
Okay, there are a TON of cute little boy clothes! Are you kidding?!?!? Cause my little boy looks like a PIMP 100% of the time (Thank you to his grandparents...ha ha) But I agree little girl clothes are SOOOOO cute! I always walk by them and sigh.
Then I remember hating pregnacy and I pat Nixon on the head and buy a cinnabon instead.