Wednesday, January 20, 2010

From blogland to real life

My addiction to blogland has just gotten worse and worse. Which I think is a good thing in some ways. It can't be all that bad to be learning how to be thrifty and creative, right? Except that I'm on my laptop all day at least 1/2 the day...eek!
Here's where I get stumped though. I see all these fab ideas, but I have a hard time actually applying it to my own home/wardrobe. Check out these super cute ideas:



Just add a ruffle to the sweater! From The Idea Room.


Or add a little burlap, ribbon and buttons to an old lampshade! From Thrifty Decor Chick.


Look at this adorable little dress! Made from some extra fabric, lace, and an old baby tee! From The Rubber Punkin.


This is one of my favorites!!! It's Basically the same idea as the little girl's dress above, from My Mama Made It. Just an old shirt that she added some fabric for a skirt, and ruffles on the front, and voila! A new dress! I soooo need to do this one, 'cause I hardly have ANY dresses that fit me since little baby came.

But here's my problem, I don't see any of my own shirts and think "Hey I could refashion that!" I need to work on that. Maybe I'll just try using one that I think wouldn't work at all, and "Make it work!" As Tim Gunn says...hehe. Love that man! "Designers....make it work." (as he shakes his little fist in the air) Haha! Love it!

What do you think? Have you tried any refashioning lately? Is it easy or hard for you?

3 comments:

kayla said...

Thanks for the comment :) About getting obsessed with the blog world I am to. Its both good and really bad :) cause of being on the computer but I get so many fun ideas. I haven't tried to refashion any clothes, but good luck. I have been trying to redo goodwill furniture finds. You could go check out goodwill for stuff to redo. Make sure to wash it first though :) .

Molly said...

Its easy for me to do stuff with paint, anything else stumps me. sort of. ha ha. We need to get together after I have little Claire and play!

Brittany said...

I am dying to make that dress too. But I have so many things to do around the house that take priority. As far as the big baby goes. My fundal height always measured high (you know...pubic bone up to top of uterus at each visit). Because of that I had multiple ultrasounds in which they can estimate the size of the baby.