Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Halloween in the 20's!

For Halloween this year I had a number of ideas for costumes for the 3 of us.....buuuut, none of them really worked out. The Wednesday before Halloween was our ward Halloween party so, I had to have something! Here's what I came up with for that night.















I grabbed one of my many costumes, a fringe flapper dress that I got years ago at Savers for $7. Woohoo! And I thought of a way to get us all to tie in together. For Rowan I needed some supplies. Laura and I ran to the fabric store. I got some stretchy black velvet (on sale), and
fringe and some sequence (sp? I don't think I've never written that word before). Also, some stretchy sequence trimming to make a headband.















Sorry the image isn't very clear. The dress was a REALLY quick throw together. I didn't even do a very secure stitch. Just wanted her to have something to wear...but I think it turned out fairly well for being completely spur of the moment. It was a lot of fun to go to the Ward party with Laura (Ben was studying). They took almost a whole street in a neighborhood. And there were different booths at different houses...cake walk, bean toss, haunted house (in a garage), fishing game, etc... And the Hot Dogs were great!

On Halloween night we went to Carrabba's for dinner with some friends and of course we dressed up!

































And here's some glam shots, for fun!
Can't waste all the effort I put into that makeup right? ;D


3 comments:

Wendi and Matt said...

Love the costume! I wish i can come up with great things to be!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely love it! And flapper baby. So cute! Thanks for posting this. I think you have the perfect look for a flapper with your hair and coloring. :-)

Sherri said...

Adorable costumes! And the baby too. SWEET! Thanks for dropping by my blog.