Saturday, March 27, 2010

Chocolate Cake in a Cup?! - Recipe

That's right. Make yourself a 'one serving' cake in a cup! Or mug, or whatever.

This lovely recipe comes from Ben's very sweet Aunt Gale.
It takes 2 minutes to cook (in the microwave) and doesn't take very many ingredients. Serve with vanilla ice cream...yum!
Here you go:

Chocolate Cake in a Cup
2 T - Flour
3 T - Sugar
2 T - Milk
1 Egg
2 T - Oil
2 T - Cocoa
2 T - Chocolate Chips
Splash of Vanilla
*Most of you know that I'm not a big chocolate fan, so I only put 1 T of cocoa, and omit the chocolate chips. That works great for me. I also heard from chocolate fans that with just 2 T of cocoa it's plenty chocolaty and doesn't need the choco chips. Just so you know.*

Mix dry ingredients together first. Then add oil and mix. Then finish adding wet ingredients, mix thoroughly. Microwave on high for 2 minutes.

When you microwave it, it will rise above the cups rim and look very tall.


No worries, it'll come back down once it's done.

After it's done serve with ice cream and enjoy! It will have a funny "cup" shape to it, but it tastes great!


1 comment:

Morgan said...

I have heard of this! I've never done it- mostly because I know me- and just a serving of cake is NOT ENOUGH! ha ha. But thanks for sharing. :D
and p.s you are missing out! I've never quite understood you. Chocolate is a girls best friend!