Sunday, May 16, 2010

Cherish



I'm a bad blogger. I know it. I have so many pictures and things to post right now from two different trips, and well...life, etc. But at least I know this about myself right? That I put things off.
Well, this blog has become a little like my journal. I have major events that I feel too overwhelmed to write about, but when I have a special little moment I want to share it and it forgoes everything.

I just have to say that I love, love, love the little moments in life. Precious moments, I guess ;)
There are some things that I determine to do in my life and I remember it forever. There have been a lot, from many different ages, but I do always remember hearing "They grow so fast", you've heard it too. From...everyone. And "cherish every moment, time goes so fast" Too true!

So, throughout my life I've tried to 'cherish the precious moments'. Sure, as a single lady (all the single ladies, all the single ladies) *sorry for the outburst of song, but you know you were thinking it too ;)*
Anyway, as a single lady I remember trying to cherish a lovely sunset, or time spent with good friends. And I did. And it was great. BUT, it's been so much easier to cherish the wonderful moments since I've been married and also since having a sweet baby girl. I guess they just mean so much more to me, as they should, you know.

Cherished moments I get everyday:

*Rowan's laughter as I toss her around and tickle her.
*Rowan's smile when I catch her discovering something new,...or something that she's just discovered she's capable of. (Like climbing to her feet)
*Ben's smile when he gets home from work and sees Rowan and I waiting for him.
*Rowan's smile when she sees Daddy coming home from work.
*My smile when I see them smile. :)
*Putting Rowan down for bed and her laying down sweetly and pulling the covers over her face.
*Breathing in the fresh air and sunshine in this pretty desert.

Cherished moments I had today:

*Watching others give love to Rowan at church.
*Rowan making me angry by tossing around while I tried to change her diaper (I cherished it later).
*Getting Rowan up from her too short of a nap and her just letting me hold her for a few minutes. (this is very rare for this child who never stops looking and squirming around so curiously all the time, and it may or may not have brought a tear to my eye)
*Ben laughing and playing with Rowan while she tried to use her new found 'claws' to take his nose off. Haha, he's a good sport.
*Ben realizing that he lives in a house with "a bunch of women". Guess we need some testosterone in here ;) (that was a funny moment)
*And one I'll cherish later today: laying down to go to sleep.

And I'm not just saying that these are things that are good about my day, and later I think "that was nice." I really do try to take a second in that very moment and try to remember it and cherish it.

Just my thoughts :)

No comments: