Thursday, May 20, 2010

It's a new me! Well, it will be.


So, Last week I made two goals. Wow, "goals" that sounds way too committed for me, let's just say I started a couple things. ;)

1) First, I realized that I wear more makeup than necessary. And I was listening to this sweet country song (sorry if you don't like country, but I love it!). There was one part where the guy sang something about his wife looking the best to him when she was just in the kitchen with no makeup on. So, I thought to myself "I can look good without makeup on, right?" Well, sadly it's kind of an addiction for me. It's just so fun to doll up and get creative with it! But, I don't wanna be dependent on it. What if there was some kind of disaster like an earthquake or tornado; I couldn't just run to the local mall and get more concealer, haha. So, I decided to change. Here's my plan:

In 14 days I'm going to gradually wear less makeup everyday 'till the last day I'll hardly wear any at all. I was gonna go for none, but Ben does like a little eye makeup on me so just a little, itsy, bitsy, bit. I started last Thursday, so I'll be finishing in another week, the 27th.

2) Ben and I started on a diet together. It's 11 days long. We're on day #4 today. So, by next Thursday I shall also be slimmer, and will hopefully fit into my old jeans! Of course I'm not JUST dieting, I'm walking some mornings with friends of mine too. Can't just do one, darn it. :(

So, I wanna document how it goes here on my blog. I'll take some pictures and all that good stuff and share with you the experience of those "things I started" not "goals" ;)

Later!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you!

Marie said...

Yeay! I'm excited!!! :)

Arizona Girl said...

Cory and I have been doing Weight Watchers. Its a more long term than than your 11 days. We've been doing it since the 1st of the year, I've lost 25 so far.

Missy said...

Crystal! I've been thinking the same thing! I barely wear makeup as it is, but still I've been thinking "I look good with makeup, why can't I look good without it?" and I've been gradually wearing less and less. It's scary some days, but I'm trying! So good for you/us :)

Also...where did you get your super cute blog layout? I've been trying to find a site with them but can't seem to find one that actually works and doesn't completely mess up my page.