Sunday, May 16, 2010

Where were you 2 years ago? I was...


...at the highlight of my life. Ben and I were married May 10, 2008.
*sigh*
Two years, already? Yep. Two very wonderful years!

Here's our love story:
Ben and I met in August 2007, right after I moved to Arizona. He was friends with Adriana, who was then my new roommate, and several other friends that I made.
The second person I met in Arizona was Kilee. So that I could get to know people here she kindly took me to a birthday dinner that was going on for one of the girls in our ward. We went to Texas Roadhouse and that's where the magic all started.
I was sitting on a bench with some of the girls waiting for our table, and whoever was sitting next to me moved to talk to someone, and after Ben came in he came and sat by me. We chatted, and I remember thinking "Wow, he's really handsome. He must be the cool, good looking guy of the group." After we got to our table we chatted some more, and I asked him where he was from. He told me "Rosamond, California. You wouldn't know it."
I said "Yes, I know where that is."
"No you don't." He said dismissively.
"Joshua trees!" I said really snotty back to him. Hahaha!
Turned out that we had a mutual friend of sorts. Ben's older brother, Paul, married the sister of my old boyfriend. That boyfriend and his family used to live in Rosamond, and he would always talk about the Joshua trees there, so that's how I knew.
"Small world." Ben said.
"Small Mormon world." I said back. 'Cause it seems that all Mormons know someone another Mormon knows, haha.

And after that we were friends. We got to know each other better and better as time went on, and I became one of the group. Actually it was a group of guys. Ben, John, and James. We all hung out most nights together. Probably because they asked me to be in an 80's music video remake they were going to do.

Photo from the time of the "Saigon Kick Movie"

Yep, if you never saw the movie. Sad day, you're missing out. And youtube took it down because the song was copyw.....I don't know why exactly, they're just mean. Just kidding.

So after a while Ben finally asked me out and we had a great time together. Then two weeks of agony pass (while we're seeing each other almost everyday), and he finally asks me out again. That night we started dating. After three months:

Sorry I didn't photoshop our eyes first. It's Sunday, and I'm feeling lazy.

We were engaged. Ben and I went out to our star-gazing spot we have in the desert and after our Valentine's dinner Ben popped the question. It was perfect. Under the stars in the wilderness, on a beautiful clear night. So great!
Three months later:


We were married!


What a good day! But as I tell Ben all the time; it wasn't the best day of my life, but every day afterwards has been.
For our Honeymoon we went to Cancun and had a blast at the beach, and touring the ruins.



It's hard to believe that so much time has gone by when it feels like we just got married yesterday. In my opinion we still act like newlyweds. Like going crazy happy when he gets come from work. Playing and laughing all the time. We've hardly had a real fight, in fact I don't think we've ever really "fought" with each other. We disagree on stuff, but we never yell or get really angry. We're just too crazy in love! ;)

Ben, it's been an amazing ride so far, and I can't wait for the rest of it! Be patient with me. I know I'm kinda crazy, kind of a nerd, and loosing my memory more every day, but I love you and I'm looking forward to forever with you!
Happy Anniversary!




11 comments:

Wendi and Matt said...

cute love story :)

Anonymous said...

Awwe, I love the love story! I liked that you picked the best day to get married, as I have told you many times. Don't ever lose that feeling of being a newlywed, I believe it can last forever. :-)

Anonymous said...

Happy aniversary! What a cute story! I need to email you about AZ we are thinking we would like to live there.

Molly said...

What a cute story! You guys are so cute!

Missy said...

That's such a cute story Crystal! Happy 2 year anniversary. Our 1 year is the 30th...we're pretty excited :) Love you cousin!

kayla said...

That is a cute story congrats!! That is funny we also went to Cancun for our honeymoon.

Marie said...

Aaawwhhh!!! :)

Brittany said...

So dang cute! Happy Anniversary!

Kilee said...

ha! good thing for me and outback huh?! jk! love you guys... and man that 2 years went by fast!

Morgan said...

awww cute story! Happy Anniversary and I love your wedding pics. And btw-you totally left out when you and Ben came and visited me in St. George and Shane and I took you guys ring shopping at the mall when you were unofficially engaged. . :D That was sure fun to be involved in your secret engagement. <3 you guys!

Arizona Girl said...

Congrats on 2 yrs. We're there too.